JAWA-CZ forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JAWA-CZ forum

Fórum (nejen) o motocyklech JAWA, ČZ a ostatních českých značkách

PříjemPříjem  Latest imagesLatest images  HledatHledat  RegistraceRegistrace  Přihlášení  

559 gearbox problem

Goto down 
2 posters
AutorZpráva
arnaud

Poèet pøíspìvkù : 1

559 gearbox problem Empty
PříspěvekPředmět: 559 gearbox problem   559 gearbox problem EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 1:54 pm

Dear people, i am from Holland, and my 559 has a problem no one over here can answer to.
It slips out of 3rd gear when accellerating fast. I removed the left hand cover and clutch and found out both gearbox axles have much play, you can move them in and out.
The ball bearing of the main shaft ismoving along in the casing.
So
i suppose i have to add shims, but on which side of both axles?
Should the ball bearing be located against the circlip or more inwards?
Would be gratefull for some tips.
Best regards
Arnaud from Holland
Návrat nahoru Goto down
Jelen
Admin

Poèet pøíspìvkù : 89

559 gearbox problem Empty
PříspěvekPředmět: Re: 559 gearbox problem   559 gearbox problem EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 10:52 am

Hello Arnaud, your problem is common problem. There are worn gears. Also you have too much free play of bearings. They should be tight in position. Their position should be on their stop in position in casing, so I think it's more inwards. You should put new bearings and use loctite bearing loc. Also you need new gears, you have worn third gear inside. Gears aren't problem to get here, older, but good. Also I can recommend new shifting forks and springs in mechanism. It's also commont problem of older JAWA.
Návrat nahoru Goto down
https://jawa-cz.forumczech.com

559 gearbox problem
Strana 1 z 1

Povolení tohoto fóra:Nemůžete odpovídat na témata v tomto fóru
JAWA-CZ forum :: Motocykly JAWA :: Jawa 250-
Přejdi na: